This loaf (modified from a recipe in The Happy Herbivore Cookbook) turned out absolutely amazing, and with such simple and cheap ingredients, it’s something that I will definitely be making time and time again. Next time I hope to actually make a stuffing to go with it, but the basic tofurky right here is as simple as it gets.
Unfortunately, we didn’t take any pictures because it was devoured immediately. I’d say this serves two very hungry people.
14 oz. (one pack) firm tofu, thoroughly drained and pressed
1/2 an onion, diced, chopped, minced to all hell (even blended works best)
1 large carrot, similarly pulverized
1 small parnsip, peeled OR thoroughly diced celery (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
2 tbsp. (or more) nutritional yeast (optional)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
additional seasoning (any herbs/spices you feel like, thyme and garlic powder work best)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Shred the dry tofu into a bowl along with any vegetables (or use a blender to mix them all together).
- Add soy sauce, olive oil, and lemon juice, and (if using) nutritional yeast.
- Mix until all is coated, add flour and all seasonings.
- Lightly grease a cooking sheet (or use aluminum foil on baking tray), and pack ingredients into a large ball-shape. Place on sheet, and flatten tofurky (5 cm tall). Bake for roughly 40-50 minutes.
Serve with gravy, cranberry sauce, or stuffing, or just eat as-is.
- innerbully likes this
- wejustkeepswimming likes this
- nothingxleft likes this
- cattlecouture likes this
- absorbingeverything likes this
- krystaltaylorisawesome likes this
- riotgrrill likes this
- naughtyjamie likes this
- soycrates reblogged this from nobullnobucksvegan
- vrhc likes this
- vegan-dweeb likes this
- nobullnobucksvegan posted this